We adopted our sweet puppy in October and he is doing great! He adjusted so quickly to being a part of our family it’s like we have had him forever- He loves to hike and go to the beach and has even befriended our cats!
February 13, 2013 @
11:48 am - posted by
We are so very happy with our new doggie! Thanks for making it happen. Seems so odd that he has been in a shelter for a few months, for when he came home with us, he immediately figured out that this is his new home, new life and new lifelong friends in us. He is so well behaved, fairly well trained and a real bundle of energy, love and affection. We are so lucky to have found him. I’m glad the the tiny spark of interest I saw in him turned out to be so wonderful. We are grateful to you, DAWG, and all that your organization does.
We are so grateful for everything you’ve helped us achieve this year. If you’ve already made your 2012 tax-deducible donation to DAWG, thank you! We are so honored to be a part of your family. If not, we ask you to consider it. Here are six reasons why:
1. In 2012 DAWG found homes for over 400 homeless dogs. This is an all-time record for our organization and represents hundreds of families changed furrever!
2. Our Veterinary Center is now open at least three days per week to serve not only our dogs for adoption, but also dogs from other local rescue groups. This year we have seen over 200 dogs from ten different local rescues.
3. We just added five new little dog land condos-allowing us to now hold twenty one little dogs overnight. We are currently working on three new large dog kennels as well.
4. One of our DAWGs-Gunnar-completed his training with the National Search Dog Foundation. He’s now saving human lives with his handler Alex.
5. Our dogs have new part time jobs-as therapists! We have launched three programs where our dogs socialize with members of the Jodi House, local schools, and senior centers. Look for more information and programs in 2013.
6. We are still the ONLY no-kill dog shelter on the Central Coast. We make second chances possible for dogs every day.
All of our hard work doesn’t come at no cost-we need your help. Each dog costs $7 per day to board, feed, and give copious amounts of TLC!
You can make your tax-deductible donation online here or mail your donation to our office at 5480 Overpass Road, Santa Barbara 93111.
Every donation-big or small-makes a life-saving difference. Thank you in advance!
Want to help a homeless animal and can’t adopt? Here’s a few tips and tricks to help a dog this year-many without spending a dime!
1. Clean out your linen closet.
DAWG uses towels for messes and spills, blankets to keep our dogs warm, and sheets to keep our puppies healthy and clean. Soiled, clean, or torn, every one helps!
2. Party for the Puppies.
Instead of having your guests bring gifts for your hospitality, have them bring a donation for DAWG. $20 vaccinates a homeless dog for an entire year.
3. Shop Online with Canines in Mind.
Remember to always enter Amazon through this link which donates a percentage of every purchase to DAWG.
4. Fundraising is Fun!
During winter break, youngsters can get antsy and tired of the toys under the tree. Have them set up a hot chocolate and cookie stand, or come up with a craft that they can sell to friends to raise money for their furry friends. They may even be recognized in our first newsletter of 2013!
5. Facebook for Your Furry Friends
Cross-post, share, and tag your friends in photos of the dogs we have for adoption, and to get them to come to fundraising events and sponsor dogs.
6. Resolve to Do More!
Make your New Years Resolution positive-resolve to cut out one latte a week to donate $20 per month to a homeless dog-or to volunteer at least twice a week. The homeless dogs need you!
We are SO enjoying Catcher. He is just an absolutely amazing dog. Sooo very sweet. We played with him last night, took him on a walk, and then he layed on the ground and watched tv with us. He slept on our bed the whole night at the foot of the bed and now we’ve just let him outside to go to the bathroom. Things are going great. Thanks so much for letting us have him. I think if people had known what a sweetie he is, he would have been snatched out of DAWG in a second. We feel so lucky! We’re also really thankful that he’ll be able to celebrate the holidays with his new family. We bought him a stocking and some goodies yesterday.