Foster a DAWG
Home for the Holidays!
Give the Gift of Joy & Love to a Homeless Dog
Bring a dog home for 2 Weeks between Thanksgiving & New Years
Temporary Fosters Wanted for the Holidays
Sign Up by calling 805-681-0561 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Fostering Can Help Save a Friend!
Fostering a dog is a wonderful way to support our dogs and get them ready for finding a forever home! It’s an invaluable service to dogs of all ages, sizes, and experience levels.
- Due to limited space at the shelter, foster homes may be required while dogs await their forever homes.
- Some dogs just need a little extra socialization before they’re ready for permanent adoption.
- Sometimes dogs just need time away for personalized care and a quiet environment after a medical procedure.
What Do Foster Parents Do?
- You’ll be responsible for the basic daily care for your foster friend. You will also give him or her lots of love and attention needed to prepare for adoption into a permanent home. We will need you to bring your foster dog to the shelter during our public hours (Friday – Sunday from 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.) so they can meet their potential forever home (EXCEPT when the dog is recovering from a medical condition).
- DAWG provides the leash, harness, collar and crate, and any medical care needed for the dog.
How Long Does a Foster Dog Stay?
- Based on the individual needs of the dog, the time can range from a few days to several months.
Foster It Forward:
- Like anything worth doing in life, fostering requires patience, dedication, and tender loving care. The dogs you welcome into your home may need to be house-trained or learn their manners and basic commands. They may be rambunctious or very shy. Remember, these issues are far outweighed by the benefits and rewards of fostering – the great feeling of saving a friend in need!
For more information about DAWG’s foster program, please contact email@example.com