In keeping with our mission statement to provide high quality, loving care for lost and abandoned dogs, while actively seeking appropriate, permanent homes, we offer the following volunteer opportunities:
Care of Dogs
Volunteers enrich the lives of our dogs and help to make them more adoptable by providing for their physical and mental needs.
- Bathing and Brushing
- Providing loving attention
- Dog socialization
- Positively reinforcing polite behavior. (This will be demonstrated)
- Potential for growth to become a Lead Volunteer which allows you additional privileges.
- Evangelize DAWG’s mission
- Adoption Counseling: Are you a born matchmaker? Consider becoming a volunteer adoption counselor. This position requires additional training and a time commitment the hours we are open to the public.
Care of Facilities
- You guessed it…scooping poop!
- Washing and folding dog beds and towels
- Keeping visitor areas tidy
- Updating kennel signage
- Assistant Kennel Attendant – duties include assisting the kennel attendant with cleaning, laundry, and taking dogs to the play yard.
- Information/Awareness Booths
- Staffing at Fundraising events
- Interested in helping DAWG fund-raise? Please contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We require volunteers who are under 18 to be accompanied by an adult who is legally responsible for them or has permission from a parent/legal guardian. The adult must take the dogs in and out of kennels. Both need to attend an orientation session.
If you can provide a safe and loving home right now, but are unable to adopt, please consider fostering. Some dogs need a calm environment, whether to recuperate from a medical condition or to maintain the behavioral qualities that make them adoptable. Fostering is a wonderful gift that provides a dog a smooth transition to their permanent home.