Dog Adoption & Welfare Group (DAWG) is a no-kill shelter that has been saving lives since 1991. As Santa Barbara's only no-kill dog shelter, we work tirelessly to rescue as many lives as we can. We have dogs of all breeds, ages, and medical/behavioral needs. DAWG is looking to add new members to our staff who can provide the utmost care for our dogs while they await their forever homes. We take pride in the level of love and care we give to our dogs, and the standards for our employees.
If you’re interested in working for DAWG please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter. There are multiple job opportunities through DAWG. Below are the jobs currently available at the shelter and their job descriptions. Please contact the DAWG office with any questions at (805) 681-0561.
Kennel Attendant/Dog care Staff (Part-time)
DAWG (Dog Adoption & Welfare Group), Santa Barbara's only no-kill shelter, is currently seeking a Part time Kennel Attendant to join our shelter staff. Be an integral part of a team dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, and re-homing of at risk dogs.
Our dogs need care 7 days a week, every week, from 7 AM- 5 PM. This position requires morning availability (starting at 7am), complete weekend and holiday availability. We are unable to accommodate partial shifts or part-time employees with less than three days of availability.
- Passion for animal rescue and our no-kill philosophy
- Outstanding work ethic
- Ability to work independently, as well as a cohesive team
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and possess good time management skills
- Must be reliable and responsible
- Keen attention to detail, safety, and cleanliness
- Dedication to the daily care of 45-50 dogs
- Prior dog handling experience of various breeds, sizes and ages is a significant plus
- Willingness to go above and beyond the standard for our dogs
Some duties include (not a complete list) :
- Removing feces and scrubbing kennel and yard surfaces
- Properly and efficiently sanitizing and disinfecting all dog enclosures
- Laundry, dishes, waste removal
- Aid in facility organization and maintenance
- Lift up to 40 lbs
Instruction for applying:
Submit your resume, and a cover letter telling me a little about yourself, and why you'd like to work at DAWG
Provide your availability for Summer - Winter
Enter "Dog Care" in the subject line