Santa Barbara Dog Adoption & Welfare Group
The Santa Barbara Dog Adoption & Welfare Group (DAWG) is committed to protecting the privacy and accuracy of your personally identifiable information (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Data”). Other than as required by laws that guarantee public access to certain types of information, or in response to subpoenas or other legal instruments that authorize disclosure, Personal Data is not disclosed without your consent.
We may collect Personal Data from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, submit an online donation, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and other Personal Data necessary to process your request. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect Personal Data from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply Personal Data, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
We may collect non-Personal Data about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-Personal Data may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the internet service providers utilized, and other similar information.
How we use collected information
DAWG collects and uses User’s Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To respond to requests for information and services.
- To keep you informed of activities such as adoption promotions, volunteer programs, and/or special events. Such email notification will be conducted in conformance with policies implementing anti-spam law.
- To administer content, promotion, survey or other Site feature. To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To personalize user experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails. The email address Users provide will only be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If a User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Data, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users Personal Data to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any Personal Data regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Where we store your information
This website is operated in the United States in accordance with laws of the United States. You should be aware that any information you provide to DAWG may be transferred, stored and processed at any of our locations, including the United States, where DAWG is located, and that the data privacy laws of the United States may not provide the same privacy rights or level of data protection of your country of residence.
Links to other sites
You may encounter links to other web sites of organizations not directly affiliated with DAWG. Please be aware that DAWG is not responsible for the information practices of external organizations. We recommend you review the privacy statements of each external Web site that collects personal information.
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Santa Barbara DAWG
5480 Overpass Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93111